ReWalk is a wearable robotic exoskeleton that provides powered hip and knee motion to enable individuals with spinal cord injury (SCI) to stand upright, walk, turn, and climb and descend stairs*. The system provides user-initiated mobility through the integration of a wearable brace support, a computer-based control system and motion sensors. The system allows independent, controlled walking while mimicking the natural gait patterns of the legs.
The ReWalk technology is designed for all-day use at home, at work, and in the community.
*Stairs function not currently available in the USA.
Please visit our products page for more info.ABOUT PRODUCTS
The ReWalk is for individuals with lower limb disabilities such as paraplegia. The system accommodates individuals from 5’3” to 6’3” tall, weighing up to 220lbs.
Before using the device, confirm that the following prerequisites are met by the user:
- Hands and shoulders can support crutches or a walker
- Healthy bone density
- Skeleton does not suffer from any fractures
- Able to stand using a device such as EasyStand
- In general good health
- Height is between 160 cm and 190 cm (5′ 3″ – 6′ 2″)
- Weight does not exceed 100 kg (220 lbs)
People with the following conditions should not use the ReWalk™:
- History of severe neurological injuries other than SCI (MS, CP, ALS, TBI etc)
- Severe concurrent medical diseases: infections, circulatory, heart or lung, pressure sores
- Severe spasticity (Ashworth 4)
- Unstable spine or unhealed limbs or pelvic fractures
- Heterotopic ossification
- Significant contractures
- Psychiatric or cognitive situations that may interfere with proper operation of the device
ReWalk personnel can answer any questions you may have and discuss the process from evaluation and trial through seeking insurance coverage for your own ReWalk Personal 6.0. If you are a clinician or a clinic administrator, we can review ReWalk’s programs to help you discuss and potentially provide exoskeleton technology for your patients and clients. Visit our contact page to reach us.CONTACT US
ReWalk has a dedicated reimbursement team which can discuss this process and potentially assist with your submission for coverage.
For United States Veterans- In December 2015 the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced a national policy for the evaluation, training, and procurement of ReWalk Personal exoskeleton systems for all qualifying veterans across the United States. In June 2018, the VA updated its policy to expand access for training at VA Hub and Spoke centers and private rehabilitation clinics through the VA Choice Program.
Contact us to find out more.CONTACT US